The following items are submitted directly to the Graduate College:
- Completed Texas State Graduate College application.
- Official transcripts from each college or university attended, including evidence of a master’s degree from an accredited university. These must be mailed directly to the Graduate College. Transcripts are not necessary if the master’s degree was earned at Texas State.
- An application fee of $40.00.
- TOEFL score for students from countries where English is not the first language.
- An essay of approximately 500 words that describes the applicant’s background and professional goals including his or her rationale for pursuing a doctoral degree.
- A current resume.
- Name and contact information for 3 references. The Graduate College will email submission instructions to each reference.